Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Time Management

Time management refers to a range of skills, tools, and techniques utilized to accomplish specific tasks, projects and goals. As a teacher, it is important to have good time management skills, becuase we have so many things to do [write lesson plans, teacher meetings, partent meetings, IEP meetings, etc]. I normally have good time management skills, but no one is perfect.

15 Time Mangement Tips
1. Write things down
2. Prioritize your list
3. Plan your week
4. Carry a notebook
5. Learn to say no
6. Think before acting
7. Continuously improve yourself
8. Think about what you are giving up to do your regular activities
9. Use a time management system
10. Identify bad habits
11. Don’t do other people’s work
12. Keep a goal journal
13. Don’t be a perfectionist
14. Beware of “filler” tasks
15. Avoid “efficiency traps”
(provided by: http://www.timethoughts.com/time-management.htm)

2 comments:

  1. I love how you made a list, I think that is a really great way to look at it. Number 5 is so hard to do! I feel like I'm always willing to take on more when I can't even really handle what I have at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 5 is what caught my attention too! Its hard because naturally we try to please everybody, but overwhelming ourselves can do so much damage! Number 13 is hard too. Whats hard is finding the balance between doing good work, but not driving yourself crazy. It almost relates to 5.

    ReplyDelete